Room and Board Costs for the 2018-2019 academic year:
Residence Hall Room – $3263.00 each semester; $6526.00 academic year
Language House and Eco House Room – $3363.00 each semester; $6726.00 academic year
Grand Cambridge Apartment Room – $3713.00 each semester; $7426.00 academic year
Required Residence Hall Dining Plan A, B, C, or D – $2815 each semester; $5630 academic year
Optional Commuter Dining Plan for off-campus or off-board students – $676 each semester.
Room Selection for Fall and Spring 2018-2019
Begins with selection to Language Houses and Specialty Living Areas. Applications available by February 12. Selection for Language Houses and Specialty Areas is completed and rosters finalized before spring break. Once students are assigned by the sponsoring department, they finalize their placement by completing the Housing and Dining Agreement 2018-2019 through their 1600Grand/Student Life login and accessing their MyHousing/Self Service page.
Roomdraw for spaces in the Residence Halls, Grand Cambridge Apartments, and Summit House begins with draws for rising juniors and rising seniors March 19 and 20th. Rising sophomores select spaces on March 22 and 23. To be included in Roomdraw, students must first complete the Housing and Dining Agreement 2018-2019 found at their MyHousing/Self Service page. Access is through the 1600Grand/Student Life login.
2017 Zero Waste Move Out
Zero Waste Move-out emphasizes recycling, composting, and donating
May 3- May 13th the trash/recycling/compost bins will be locked.
- Non-perishable food items that are unopened can be dropped off at one of the bins in the kitchens on your floor.
- Clothing, shoes, books, hangers, bikes, mirrors etc. can all be dropped off in the labeled donation containers outside Kirk, Wallace, and Dupre. Language Houses will have donation bins provided near their location.
- E-Waste collection sites also available at Kirk, Wallace and Dupre.
Large and labeled dumpsters and bins will be located outside Dupre, Kirk, Wallace and the Leonard Center. Summit House and Language Houses may dispose of trash as they usually do throughout the semester.
General Storage Requirements for students living on campus Fall 2017
- Only students with home addresses at least 400 miles outside of St. Paul, MN may store.
- Maximum items accepted: 4 /tubs/trunks/boxes no larger than 20″ x 20″ x 20″ that the student is able to lift and fit onto storage shelf.
- No access to storage rooms until returning student check-in on Sunday, August 28, 2016
Storage Out – Time to remove boxes, suitcases and other containers you stored during the semester.
- Friday, April 29 – through Monday, May 2 8:00 to 9:45 PM each night.
- Tuesday, May 3 Storage closed for clean out
Storage In – Store to your Fall 2017 Residence Hall. Language Houses and Apartments store to George Draper Dayton Hall.
Storage In hours and updated distance guidlines will be posted mid-April
Preseason storage – Dupre Hall basement, 10K Lounge. For Students approved to move into their campus fall room assignments for preseason activities may store to Dupre Hall basement, 10K, before they leave campus.
- Preseason storage is open only to students with home addresses at least 400 from St. Paul, MN.
- Storage policies and hours are the same as general storage.
- Students will have access only to preseason storage, during the preseason period.
- General storage is not open during preseason.
Study Abroad Storage – Turck Hall: For Students Planning to Return to Campus Housing
Students abroad Fall 2017:
Study abroad storage in Turck Hall information will be posted in mid-April