The schedule listed below is an abbreviated version highlighting a few all-class events and events specific to 1969. To learn more about additional events and lectures, please view the complete weekend schedule. Check back frequently for the most up to date information.
For any events marked “pre-registration required”, we strongly encourage you to register in advance. If you have already registered for the weekend and wish to add any of these events to your registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-696-6295 for assistance. You may register for events when you arrive on campus however some dinners may be subject to availability.
Thursday, June 6
- Women’s Retreat (2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.) pre-registration required for this event.
Start your Reunion weekend with other ’69 classmates for our 1969 women’s retreat, held annually since our 25th Reunion. Each attendee should bring one item to share that represents a special Macalester memory. Everyone is also encouraged (optional) to reflect on the following topics: 1) Your greatest challenge in the last 25 years, and 2) unfinished business. Note: No matter how many people sign-up, the discussion groups will be broken up into small groups of 15.
- What did you do in the war, daddy “oh”? (2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Enlist?, OCS?, CO? 4F? Canada? Prison? Reserves? Deferment? Join us to share and/or listen to the stories of how we dealt with a defining issue of our time at Mac and how it impacted our lives afterward. Suggested pre-read: “On the Rainy River,” from Tim O’Brien’s book,The Things They Carried. Contact Eric Hendrickson ’69 with questions and suggestions.
- Welcome Gathering at Briggs House (8:30 p.m. – midnight)
Friday, June 7
- All-Campus Breakfast (7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.) pre-registration required for this event.
- Golden Scots Induction Ceremony (10:15 a.m.-11:30 a.m.) pre-registration required for this event.
The Class of 1969 will be inducted into the Golden Scots Society with music, memories, and medallions with a heartwarming ceremony celebrating the past and the future. All are welcome to attend! Class of 1969 inductees should arrive at the flagpole by 9:45 a.m. for the class entrance into the ceremony. Guests should be seated by 10:15 a.m.
- Golden Scots Society Luncheon (11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.) pre-registration required for this event.
For all who have celebrated their 50th reunion plus special recognition for those observing their 55th, 60th, 65th, 70th, and 75th reunions.
- Invisible Man Book Discussion – Reflection Guidelines – Led by Professor Daylanne English (2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) *pre-registration required for this event.
- Chair Yoga with Judy Rhodes (3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Class of 1969 Social & Casual Dinner (6:00 p.m. reception, 7:00 p.m. dinner) pre-registration required for this event.
Informal Gathering at Briggs House (formerly the Alumni House)
- Informal Gathering at Briggs House (9:00 p.m. – midnight)
Saturday, June 8
- Breakfast with Brian – A Celebration! (8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.) pre-registration required for this event.
- Zero-Waste All-Class Picnic (11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.) pre-registration required for this event.
- Swappers Swapping Whoppers (3:30 – 4:30 p.m.) Share stories from fellow SWAP participants.
- All Class Social (5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- Class Dinner (7:00 p.m.) pre-registration required for this event.
We are pleased to share with you Rites of Spring: The Sequel, which will be shown at the Saturday dinner. A special thank you to Chuck Ballentine, Larry Clamons, Buddy Ferguson, and Eric Hendrickson for creating this memorable piece for the class. Please visit the Class of 1969 Facebook page to view the video.
- Informal Gathering at Briggs House (formerly the Alumni House)
Sunday, June 9
- All-Class Brunch Buffet (8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.) pre-registration required for this event.
- Multifaith Celebration (10 a.m.)