Chemical Spill – Immediate Health or Life Threat
In case of chemical spills which ARE immediately dangerous to life or health you should:
- Immediately evacuate the room and building. Close all doors to room. If necessary evacuate the entire building. Sound fire alarm. Exit building to designated area.
- Immediately notify Safety and Security at 651-696-6555 and the Facilities Services Office at 651-696-6278. Be prepared to give the following information: your name, building name, floor, room number, type of accident, chemical(s) involved if known.
- Safety and Security will supply the proper response team.
- If building needs to be evacuated proceed to building evacuation meeting place. Account for all person/s in your area. Notify emergency personnel of missing person/s.
- Do not re-enter the building until told to do so by campus security officers.
What Will Happen Next
The proper response team/s will assist in clean up and disposal of chemicals. Medical treatment will be provided as needed for victims. Safety and Security will notify 911 Hazardous Response Team and Bay West for clean up and disposal of chemical/s.
Keep Yourself Calm – Keep Others Calm
In an emergency, call 911 and Campus Security 651-696-6555. Give your campus location and describe the emergency situation.
Life, health or safety threat
Mac Security Office
Report a crime, suspicious activity or package, etc.
7:30 AM—4:30 PM