Tutors are available for appointments Monday–Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., in Humanities 223 during the academic year, excluding breaks and college holidays. Please stop by any time to set up an appointment on the schedules posted outside the door. Drop-ins are welcome, but availability is limited during busy times of the year, and those with appointments have priority over those who drop in.
April 2020 Update!
Our tutoring office has moved online for the remainder of the semester. Please check out our Noticias for more information on how to access our remote tutoring hours.
General guidelines are broad in scope. All participating students should understand that professors might establish their own procedures and criteria for accessing the tutoring program,
Guidelines for Students
- Always have a specific goal in mind for each tutoring session, and prepare specific questions to discuss with your tutor.
- Set aside adequate time for the session, and prepare to be challenged to perform to the best of your ability.
- Tutors will not proofread writing assignments, but can help you comprehend areas in which you’re encountering difficulties by answering specific questions. They can suggest improvements in work that has already been graded.
- Please have the courtesy to honor all appointments. If you must cancel an appointment, please try to give at least a day’s notice.
- Remember, students with appointments always take precedence over those who drop in.