Resources, Downloads, and More
This is a space to learn play and connect with yourself and others. Remember that connection and reflection are key for our well-being. In the following tabs you’ll find things to do, ways to connect, and tips for how to adjust to college online, on campus or where ever you might be.
Setting Up Your Space and Working from Home Tips
- Find an accountability buddy for courses, assignments, and projects
- Stay engaged and limit distractions during “work”
- Separate your “work” space from your “personal” space
- Set up you “work space” right
- Get some peace and quiet. You will need a quiet place to work without distractions from things like television, family, or roommates.
- Avoid games. Consider uninstalling any computer games to avoid temptation. Or keep the games on a different computer in the house.
- Turn off your cell phone. Let friends and family members know the hours that you will be “at” school.
- Beware surfing the black hole of the Internet. It is easy to lose track of the time as you wander from site to site.
- Consider ergonomics. Adjust the height of your chair, keyboard, and screen so that you are comfortable. Forearms and thighs should be level and parallel to the floor. Wrists should not be bent while typing.
- Set up good lighting and comfortable seating. Lighting in the room should be at least as bright as the computer screen to avoid eye strain.
- Keep a daily schedule and routine
- Be courteous and conscious of others working hours and availability
- Take breaks when you need them
- Connect with classmates, professors, and staff outside of class and meetings
Health and Well-Being
Hosting Digital Hangouts and Events
DIY and Skill Building
Idea Lab on Instagram
Learn a New Recipe with Tasty from Buzzfeed on Instagram
Craft something with HGTV’s Handmade on Instagram
Make Up Tutorials with Ru Paul’s Drag Queens on Youtube
Upcycle Found and Household Items with DIY Network
Learn to Draw from IG Illustrators