What should I do if I am an incoming student?

Students with disabilities may request accommodations for classroom, food service, housing or for participation in the overall college environment. If you are attending Macalester in the Fall of 2018, please click on the link below to fill out a new student application and to upload the appropriate documentation for your diagnosis(es). The documentation from your care provider should include the following information:

(1)  Diagnosis, and a description of the current impact of the condition, particularly as it relates to academics, housing or food service
(2)  What major life activity (e.g., walking, seeing, hearing, breathing, self-care) does the condition substantially limit?
(3)  Treatments, medications, devices or resources currently prescribed and their potential impact on the condition
(4)  Recommended accommodations (and in what ways would the requested accommodation(s) mitigate the impact of the condition?)

Student Accommodation Application 

For more detailed information on accommodations offered and the process of requesting them once you are on campus, please see our Accommodations page. Note that requests for housing accommodations should be made as soon as possible.  The priority deadline for submitting housing accommodation requests is June 30, 2018.

For questions, please contact Disability Services at  or 651-696-6874.

What should I do if I am a current student?

If you are a newly disclosing, current student at Macalester, we ask that you fill out the student accommodations application by clicking on the link below. Please ensure that your documentation follows the four guidelines listed above.

Student Accommodation Application

For all other students, if you would like to change or maintain a prior accommodation plan, contact Disability Services at  or 651-696-6874, to set up a meeting.