Students will be able to learn techniques and create projects that we simply can't right now. Having that much more space means being able to do that much more.
—Larsen Husby '12
Art in Action
Our professors and students aren’t just busy in the classroom. They’re active in the community, in places as close as Twin Cities neighborhoods near campus and as far away as China. The upcoming renovations will support our faculty and students as they build on recent success on campus and in the community.
- Professor Chris Willcox showed a collection of her paintings at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
- Professor Ruthann Godollei just published her book Road Show: Art Cars and the Museum of the Streets.
- A public art symposium was held on campus to explore different facets and tensions of contemporary public art in the United States today.
- Three students were recently awarded a grant to create public art along the new light rail corridor in St. Paul.
- Recent graduates have gone on to study at the Cranbrook Academy of Art and London’s Courtauld Institute of Art, while others have secured jobs at museums such as the Guggenheim and Smithsonian.