2.1 Foundational Questions and Finding Funding
Developing strategically sound answers to the following questions will help define the content and form the backbone of your proposal.
- What are your project objectives?
- How will you attain them?
- Why does this project need to be done now?
- Why are you the person to do it?
- Who else will be involved in making the project a success?
- How does your project advance knowledge or contribute distinctively to your field?
- Who else will you involve in (or reach through) your project?
- What is your plan of work and a reasonable timetable for completing your project?
- How will you know that you have achieved your objectives? How will your work be evaluated?
- How will others access and benefit from your findings?
Answers to these central questions will help you and GFCR determine possible external funders for your project. You may already be well aware of the typical funding sources within your discipline. Other resources and searchable funder databases are available.