Minnesota Sustainability Resources
- Carleton College maintains a list of Minnesota-related Sustainability Data
- Cancer Mortality Maps and Graphs
- Farm Subsidies Database – The Environmental Working Group has a searchable farm subsidy database that is searchable by state, county, and name.
- Minnesota River Basin Data Center – Includes animations, fact sheets, and basin overviews.
- Minnesota Milestones – The report uses 70 progress indicators to determine whether the state is achieving 19 publicly determined goals.
- Surf Your Watershed – The EPA surf your watershed site is a clearinghouse for environmental information by state and watershed.
- TOXMAP: Environmental Health e-Maps – A mapping program of Toxic Release Inventory and Superfund sites as well as demographic data. In addition, the Science Education Resource Center has a datasheet, Exploring TOXMAP Data in the Classroom with more information about using TOXMAP data in classes.
- USGS Real-Time Water Data for Minnesota – Includes data on streamflow, precipitation and groundwater. In addition, the Science Education Resource Center has a datasheet, Exploring USGS Peak Streamflow Data in the Classroom with more information about using this type of data in classes.
Minnesota Sustainability Information, Websites and Online Reports
- Cost of Mercury – This memo Minnesota House of Representative Research Department Memo details about the economic costs of mercury exposure of Minnesota children.
- Economic Profile of the Upper Mississippi River Region – U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Report prepared by: Industrial Economics, Incorporated, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1999.
- Minnesota Report Card on Environmental Literacy – Survey of Minnesotans’ beliefs, knowledge and behaviors towards the environment.
- Sustainability The Very Idea – 1993 Report by Minnesota Planning/Minnesota Environmental Quality Board that describes sustainability in Minnesota.
- What’s in My Neighborhood? – An online tool for users to search for information about remediation projects and landfills around Minnesota, using a map or text-based search.
The Science Education Resource Center also includes other information for faculty interested in sustainability:
- Climate Change Collection is a library of digital resources about climate change and climate variability reviewed by climate experts and science teachers.
- Teaching with Visualizations includes a link to an excellent visualization collection, including geoscience topics like hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.