The Living Laboratory at Macalester connects students and faculty with real-world learning projects to promote education for sustainability using the campus as a teaching tool. Living lab projects provide tangible opportunities for students on campus, while faculty simultaneously practice active pedagogy. Additionally, these projects help Macalester as an institution further our sustainability goals.
- We have a list of Past Living Lab Example Courses so Faculty can see examples of how the campus has been used as a campus teaching tool in the past.
- One of the goals of the Sustainability Office is to be a resource for class and student projects at Macalester that focus on campus sustainability.
How to Start a Living Lab Project
One of the goals of the Sustainability Office is to be a resource for class and student projects at Macalester that intersect on campus sustainability.
- Familiarize yourself with Sustainability at Macalester
- Explore our Potential Student Project List
- Decide what you would like to do
- Review Previous Sustainability Projects and initiatives around campus
- Share your completed work with the Sustainability Office. Please send completed projects to the Sustainability Manager, Suzanne Savanick Hansen, firstname.lastname@example.org