The Living Laboratory at Macalester connects students and faculty with real-world learning projects to promote education for sustainability using the campus as a teaching tool. Living lab projects provide tangible opportunities for students on campus, while faculty simultaneously practice active pedagogy. Additionally, these projects help Macalester as an institution further our sustainability goals.
We have a list of Case Studies of Past Living Lab Classes so Faculty can see examples of how the campus has been used as a campus teaching tool in the past.
One of the goals of the Sustainability Office is to be a resource for class and student projects at Macalester that focus on campus sustainability.
How to Start a Living Lab Project
One of the goals of the Sustainability Office is to be a resource for class and student projects at Macalester that intersect on campus sustainability.
- Familiarize yourself with Sustainability at Macalester
- Explore our Potential Student Project List
- Decide what you would like to do
- Review Previous Sustainability Projects and initiatives around campus
- Share your completed work with the Sustainability Office. Please send completed projects to the Sustainability Manager, Suzanne Savanick Hansen, firstname.lastname@example.org