Past Six Seasons
- Venus in Fur by David Ives, A staging project of Richard Graham ’19, Emily Nadel ’18, and Miller Shor ’19.
September 8–9, 2017
- No Child by Nilaja Sun. Guest directed by Faye Price ’77 with Niara Williams ’18.
October 13–14, 2017
- The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov. Directed by Beth Cleary.
November 2–5, 2017
- Fall Dance Concert: Ghost Light
November 17–18, 2018
- SLUT: The Play by Katie Capiello. Directed by Signe Harriday.
February 16–18, 2018
- Dirk (and others still with us) by Anna Bruijn.
March 23–24, 2018
- Spring Dance Concert: Perennial
April 27-28, 2018
2016-2017: Performing Labor
- Urinetown by Mark Hollman and Greg Kotis. Directed by Harry Waters Jr.
November 4-6, 10-12, 2016
- Fall Dance Concert: Bodies in the Balance
December 2-3, 2016
- Medea, The music performed by the full Macalester Orchestra conducted by Director of Instrumental Activities Mark Mandarano, together with original choreography by Director of Dance Wynn Fricke interspersed with scenes from the play by Euripides, translated and adapted by guest director Barbra Berlovitz
February 17-18, 2017
- Acute Care, Directed by Beth Cleary
April 6-9, 2017
- Spring Dance Concert: Eclipsed
April 28-29, 2017
2015-2016: Dreaming the World Forward
- Green: An Elegy to Summer by Carson Kreitzer. Directed by Harry Waters Jr.
October 1-4, 2015
- As You Like It by William Shakespeare. Guest directed by Barbara Berlovitz.
November 6-14, 2015
- Fall Dance Concert: Dreaming the World Forward
December 4-5, 2015
- The Clean House by Sarah Ruhl. Guest directed by Steven Yoakam ’75.
February 25-27, 2016.
- The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams. Directed by Beth Cleary.
April 14-16, 2016
- Spring Dance Concert: Awake
April 29-30, 2016
2014-2015: Censorship and Inhibition
- The Cradle Will Rock by Mark Blitzstein. Directed by Harry Waters Jr.
November 6-8, 2014
- Fall Dance Concert: Time Pieces
November 21-23, 2014
- Statements After an Arrest Under the Immorality Act by Athol Fugard. Directed by James A. Williams.
February 19-21, 2015.
- Fahrenheit 451, A work devised by Professor Kanta Kochar-Lindgren & Students
April 9-11, 2015
- Spring Dance Concert: Stitchworks
April 24-25, 2015
- Fall Dance Concert: Stillness in Motion
November 22-23, 2013
- Senior directing Project: I/Macalester, Directed by Alana Horton ’14
- The Government Inspector by Nikolai Gogol. Directed by Robert Rosen
November 7-9, 2013
- The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui by Bertolt Brecht, Directed by Barbra Berlovitz
February 20-22, 2014
- In the Blood, by Suzan-Lori Parks. Directed by Prof. Harry Waters Jr.
April 10-12, 2014
- Spring Dance Concert: fleet/ing
April 25-27, 2014
- Sing Protest, Sing Peace, Directed by Isabel Neslon ’04
October 12-14, 2012
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. Directed by Matt Sciple.
November 9-11, 15-17, 2012
- Fall Dance Concert: Face to Face
December 7-8, 2012
- What’s Going On? Hip Hop Hopes by Harry Waters Jr.
February 15-17, 21-23, 2013
- RATIONS: A Performance of Hunger and the Body, a performance assemblage of many interrelated histories
April 12-14, 18-19, 2013
- Spring Dance Concert: Matter/Mind
May 3-4, 2013
Macalester Theater and Dance Archive
Browse the archives to check out production details and photos from past Theater and Dance Department seasons, dating all the way back to the original “dramatics activity” of the college beginning in 1900. The Macalester College Theater Project