It is important that you talk with your faculty mentor about your poster several weeks in advance of the poster session. A poster should include the following components:
- An abstract
- An introduction
- Materials and methods
- Data and results
- Literature cited
Macalester Poster Guidelines
- The Science Division policy is not to use full color background for in house/on campus posters.
- The Macalester poster template is sized to fit our easels. If you make a poster that is bigger than the template, the poster hangs off of the easel and does not look professional.
- The Macalester poster paper supply is 42″ wide. Any poster that does not include 42″ as either the height or width will have large white borders. This should be avoided.
- If both dimensions of your poster are greater than 42″ it cannot be printed until it is scaled down.
- For printing instructions, be sure to follow the poster printing guidelines.