Macalester is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive environment for all students and employees. There are resources available on- and off-campus for community members covered by the Title IX and Sexual Misconduct policy, including:
Medical Support (Confidential)
- Medical Services at the Hamre Center – on-campus medical care for students (information about after hours and emergency care can be found here)
- Regions Hospital Emergency Center – sexual assault exams can be provided 24/7 at 640 Jackson Street, Saint Paul, MN or by calling 911 for emergency transport.
Emotional Support (Confidential)
- Counseling Services at the Hamre Center – on-campus counseling resource for students
- Free, Urgent, Phone Counseling (Press 2) is available to Macalester students anywhere in the world, 24/7/365. Speak to a licensed mental health counselor 24 hours a day by calling Hamre Center at 651-696-6275, then press or say option 2 when prompted.
- Center for Religious and Spiritual Life – chaplains may be reached via 651-696-6298 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SOS Sexual Violence Services of Ramsey County 651-266-1000 (24-Hour Crisis Hotline) Trained advocates provide crisis intervention, safety planning, legal services, referrals, and individual counseling and support groups for survivors and families/friends/partners of survivors.
- Employee Assistance Program – confidential support for staff and faculty
- Sexual Violence Center Minneapolis 612-871-5111 (24-Hour Hotline)
- Rape, Assault, and Incest National Network (RAINN) 1-800-656-4673 (24-Hour Hotline)
- 1 in 6 – helps men who have had an unwanted sexual experience, live chat and free anonymous online support group available.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-799-7233 (voice); 1-855-812-1001 (videophone); 1-800-787-3224 (TTY); and 24/7 chat available via the web (En Español)
The Title IX Office ensures that all students, faculty, and staff receive appropriate resources, support, response, and reporting options to eliminate and address sex- and gender-based discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, relationship violence, and stalking.
Students seeking academic support measures, housing support measures, no contact directives, or other supports are encouraged to contact the Title IX Office directly.
Title IX Coordinator and Nondiscrimination Officer, Regina Curran, email@example.com or 651-696-6258
Students contemplating supports, but unsure about contacting Title IX are encouraged to seek semi-confidential support from the Director of Sexual Violence Prevention, Jen Jacobsen to discuss options.
The College will maintain as confidential any supportive measures provided to an individual, to the extent that maintaining such confidentiality would not impair the ability of the College to provide the supportive measures. The College will only disclose information necessary to provide the supportive measures in a timely manner to individuals who need to know the information in order to effectively provide the supportive measures.
- OutFront Minnesota Anti-violence Program: crisis helpline 1-800-800-0350
- The Trevor Project lifeline – 1-866-488-7386 including chat and text options via the web
- Trans Lifeline – 1-877-565-8860
Student With Disability Support
- Disability Services at Macalester
- JED Foundation’s ULifeline online resource for college mental health
- Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741-741 from anywhere in the USA; Counselors who are POC or Deaf are available
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255; has chat line
- National Center for College Students with Disabilities (NCCSD) – NCCSD@ahead.org; 1-844-730-8048; 1-651-583-7499 (videophone)
For College Student with Disabilities who need help finding disability resources or student organizations on campus
Twin Cities Area Support
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Violence (MNCASA) – provides leadership and resources for sexual assault programs and allies to prevent sexual violence while promoting a comprehensive, socially just response for all victims/survivors
- STANDPOINT – attorneys and advocates against domestic and sexual violence
- Law Help Minnesota – legal help for Minnesota residents
- Safe at Home – a statewide address confidentiality program administered by the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State
- Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office information on Orders for Protection