Faculty Resource Guide on Supporting Survivors
Over the spring and summer of 2017, a focus group of faculty, staff, and student survivors of sexual violence at Macalester collaborated with the Office of Title IX & Equity to create a faculty-specific resource guide on how to respond to a disclosure and support student survivors in the classroom. This faculty resource guide includes:
- Advice for facilitating difficult conversations in class
- Practical classroom and syllabus suggestions from survivors
- Overview of faculty responsibilities as mandatory reporters
- How to report when a student discloses to you
- Review of relevant campus and community resources and support
Download faculty resource guide (PDF) Supporting Student Survivors in the Classroom or email Sexual Violence Prevention Program Coordinator Laura Linder-Scholer at email@example.com if you would like a hard copy.