We encourage you to report any experience with sexual violence. Reporting will not change what happened to you, but it may help stop it from happening to someone else.

Many victims of sexual violence find that sharing their experience with a supportive listener and/or making an official report aided in their healing.

report is simply an account of what happened. You can make a report in person, or by phone, email, or the online anonymous report form described below.

Reporting your case to any campus official does not obligate you to report it to the police, nor does reporting it to the police obligate you to report it to the College—these are separate processes. Reporting a case of sexual violence to the College also does not obligate a person to file a complaint. The decision to file a complaint or to press charges with the police can be made at a later date, or not at all. It’s up to you.

You have the choice of what happens with your report to the College. The only exception is if the College learns of a situation or named alleged perpetrator who may cause imminent harm to an individual or to the larger community, then the College is obligated to respond. Even if this were to be the case, the College will make every possible effort to avoid unnecessarily revealing your identity during the course of any investigation or actions which may result from a reported assault.

Reporting on campus

You can make a report in person or by phone or email to the following campus officials:

Interim Title IX Coordinator
titleixcoordinator@macalester.edu, 651-696-6258, Campus Center 243

DeMethra Bradley, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator
dbradley@macalester.edu, 651-696-6220, Weyerhaeuser 119

Andrew Wells, Associate Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator
awells1@macalester.edu, 651-696-6220, Weyerhaeuser 119

Campus Security, 651-696-6555.

Online Anonymous Report Form
Any person can submit an anonymous report through the College’s online report form.

More details about the process of reporting sexual violence can be found in the College’s Sexual Misconduct Policy.

Reporting to the Police

The Title IX Coordinator and Deputy Title IX Coordinators listed above, or Campus Security, can all assist you in making a report to the police.

You can also initiate your own report by contacting the St. Paul Police Department at 651-291-1111. An officer will contact the appropriate authorities if the assault occurred outside their jurisdiction (Ramsey County). Your police report will not obligate you to follow through with legal action or action through the College.