Just as eating healthy and being more active are important to your health and well-being, so too is healthy thinking. The results of last year's health assessment showed that 70% of our staff and faculty struggle with stress and emotional health concerns. That's why offering support and resources to help employees cope and feel more in control is our top well-being priority.
Below are some tools and opportunities to help.
Six-week Series,Thursdays, 12:05 - 12:55 pm
Instructors: Jane Rauenhorst, Ph.D., L.P. & Jean Haley MSW, M.S.
Meets in the Leonard Center’s Club Sports Room
Limit of 20 participants. Cost is $25
Come learn how mindfulness can help us weather the storms of our lives with more calm, acceptance and compassion. This class is open to all staff and faculty, whether you are new to mindfulness or you would like to revitalize or deepen your meditation practice. Participants will learn ways to integrate mindfulness into their daily lives, including silent and guided meditations, compassion practices, and breath awareness.
Visit the WHAM website for class dates and to register.
Beating the Blues
Feel more in control of your life
Bounce back from the everyday stuff that makes you feel blue with HealthPartners new Beating the Blues online program.
How can it help me?
Beating the Blues uses techniques from Cognitive Behavior Therapy to teach you helpful ways to manage your mood, stress and anxiety – all in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
How does it work?
Beating the Blues is an online program that lets you go at your own pace. You’ll learn ways to better manage your mood, stress and anxiety.
Why should I use it?
• Uses proven techniques to help improve your mood
• Helps you put what you’ve learned into practice
• Keeps you interested and motivated with videos
• Also works on your tablet so it can go where you go
• More Frequently Asked Questions
1. Visit healthpartners.com/btb
2. Choose Get started and select Please Activate
3. Enter activation code mac17
4. Have your Member ID card ready and fill out the form
5. To be entered in Macalester’s well-being prize drawings, report your completion on healthpartners.com/wellbeing