Join The Sugar Shake-Up!
Looking to shake up your eating habits? Trying to make healthier choices but not sure where to start? Wellness Coach Kelly Fang has you covered – join the Sugar Shake-Up, a summer well-being activity for staff and faculty.
The Sugar Shake-Up is a six-week activity that will help you – and your family – be more aware of the sweet tasting things you consume and learn more about the sugar that can be hidden in common foods and drinks. The one simple goal: eat less sugar!
Even if your sugar intake is low, we hope you will discover ways to make some better-for-you food and beverage choices and learn a bit more about what you can do to improve your health and well-being along the way.
The activity starts on Monday, July 15 and runs through Friday, August 23. You will receive:
- A weekly email to introduce the topic
- A weekly newsletter with a tracker
As part of the Sugar Shake-Up you’ll:
- Track the food and beverages you eat and drink that are sweet
- Learn about the different types of sugars and sugar substitutes
- Learn about better-for-you food and beverages
- Track common sugary foods and beverages you eat/drink
- Eat and drink less sugary foods and beverages
- End with an optional challenge to go 7 days without any added sugars
The Sugar Shake-Up is an eligible well-being activity that can help you earn the well-being premium holiday… PLUS the chance to win a well-being prize. Visit our Benefits and Incentives page to learn more.