New well-being activity:
You may’ve heard too much sugar isn’t so sweet for your health. It can feel confusing to figure out what types of sugars are OK, and which ones you might want to have less of. Knowing how to cut back can feel like a struggle. Sugar Smart helps break it down, one habit at a time.
Here’s what to expect:
- Commit to trying four new habits over the course of this activity
- Track each habit at least 3-6 times (depending on the habit) before moving on to the next habit
- Go at your own pace
- Keep tracking until you have completed all four habits
You’ll also learn best practice tips to help you meet your goals.
You can participate on your smaretphone, tablet or desktop computer by logging into healthpartners.com/wellbeing.
Join The Sugar Shake-Up!
Looking to shake up your eating habits? Trying to make healthier choices but not sure where to start? Wellness Coach Kelly Fang has you covered – join the Sugar Shake-Up, a summer well-being activity for staff and faculty. Completing your health assessment and this activity will enter you for a chance to win a free domestic airline ticket!
The Sugar Shake-Up is a six-week activity that will help you – and your family – be more aware of the sweet tasting things you consume and learn more about the sugar that can be hidden in common foods and drinks. The one simple goal: eat less sugar!
Even if your sugar intake is low, we hope you will discover ways to make some better-for-you food and beverage choices and learn a bit more about what you can do to improve your health and well-being along the way.
The activity starts on Monday, July 15 and runs through Friday, August 23. You will receive:
- A weekly email to introduce the topic
- A very short weekly newsletter with a tracker
As part of the Sugar Shake-Up you’ll:
- Track the food and beverages you eat and drink that are sweet
- Learn about the different types of sugars and sugar substitutes
- Learn about better-for-you food and beverages
- Eat and drink less sugary foods and beverages
- End with an optional challenge to go 7 days without any added sugars
To complete this activity you’ll submit your trackers to Kelly after week 3 and week 6. You need to complete 5 out of the 6 weeks.
The Sugar Shake-Up is an eligible well-being activity for health plan participants that can help you earn a health insurance premium holiday… PLUS the chance to win a well-being prize. Our next drawing in September is for a free domestic airline ticket! Visit our Benefits and Incentives page to learn more.
Questions? Contact Kelly Fang at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-696-6963