The Department of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies has two full-time faculty members at its core. In addition, more than 30 faculty members from other departments, divisions, and programs participate by offering courses, serving on the Steering Committee, advising students, supervising honors projects and internships.
WGSS Core Faculty
Professor, Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and English
- Feminist and literary theories; cultural studies of globalization as it intersects with nationalism, democracy, and imperialism; "minoritized" literatures, with a transnational comparative basis in Western Europe and Asia.
WGSS Acting Chair
O.T. Walter Professor, Biology and Acting Chair-Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Neurobiology, pharmacology, and human physiology
WGSS Cross-Listing Faculty
Links direct you to profile pages in their home department.
Associate Professor of Political Science
- Comparative politics, Latin American politics, urban social movements
Edith M. Kelso Associate Professor, Art History
- Focuses on modern and contemporary art, particularly in Europe and the United States
Karine S. Moe
F.R. Bigelow Professor of Economics, currently serving as Provost and Dean of the Faculty
- Microeconomics, Labor economics, and Public economics
Associate Professor of Hispanic and Latin American Studies
- Contemporary Latin American narrative, popular culture, gender studies, border studies, and U.S. Latino/a literature
Jenna Rice Rahaim
Visiting Assistant Professor of International Studies
- Charity, Humanitarianism, and Gifts; Empathy and Obligation; Migration and Refugees; National and Sectarian Sentiment; Genealogy and Kinship; Postcolonial and feminist literatures; the Middle East and Islamic World
Associate Dean, Institute for Global Citizenship, office in Markim 107; Professor of Anthropology
- Socio-cultural anthropology, gender, migration and refugees, political conflict, research methods, Africa, Europe, North America