|Department of Economics
1600 Grand Avenue
St.Paul, MN 55105
Fax: 651-696- 6746
• 2012-present, Associate Professor of Economics, Department of Economics,
• 2014-present, College Board, AP Macroeconomics Curriculum Development and Assessment Committee
• 2006-2012, Assistant Professor of Economics, Department of Economics,
Ph.D. in Economics,University of North Carolina at Chapel
B.A. in Finance, Nanjing University, P.R.China, with Honors,
Financial Economics; International Finance and Financial Markets
• School Quality and Real Estate Prices in China, with Wanyi Li (12'), International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, 2016.
Reallocation and Exchange Rate Dynamics, with Jun
Ma, Journal of Banking and Finance, 2013, pages 3100-3124.
• Exchange Rates and Oil Prices: A Multivariate Stochastic Volatility Analysis, with Minh Vo, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2012, pages 15-37.
• Semi-Transparency, Dealership Market and Foreign Exchange Market Quality, with Vittorio Addona and Hao Zou (10'), Review of Financial Economics, 2012, pages 1–13.• Thursday Effect of the
Forward Premium Puzzle, International Review of Economics and Finance, 2012, pages 302–318.
•Asymmetric Correlations in Equity Returns: A Fundamental-based Explanation, with Hiro Miyaki (09') and Hao Zou (10'), Applied Financial Economics, March 2011, pages 389 -
Electronic Trading Systems and Bid-ask Spreads in the
Foreign Exchange Market, with Jonas Hiltrop (08'), Journal
of International Financial Markets, Institutions &
Money, October 2010, 323-345.•
The Forward Premium Puzzle across Maturities, with Linh
To (07') , Economics Bulletin, 2010, Vol. 30 no.2 pp. 1113-1119.
Spread and Order Size in the Foreign Exchange Market: An Empirical
Investigation”, International Journal of Finance
and Economics, 2009, Volume 14, Issue 1, 98-105.
Structure and Dealer’s Quoting Behavior in the Foreign
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions
& Money, 2008, Volume 18, issue 4, pp. 313-325.
• Capital markets; Principles of Economics, Macalester
College 2007 spring
• Finance; Principles of Economics, Macalester College
• Intermediate Macroeconomics, UNC-CH 2005 spring, 2004
• Economic Statistics, UNC-CH 2003 summer, spring
• Principles of Economics, UNC-CH 2002 fall
AWARDS AND HONORS
• The Best Graduate Student Instructor Award UNC-CH
• Tuition Scholarship UNC-CH 2002-2006
• UNC Graduate School Travel Award UNC-CH 2005
• Scholar for Tomorrow Fellowship UNC-CH 2001-2002
• Sasakawa Scholarship Nanjing University 2000
• Honor Graduate of Nanjing University Nanjing University
• Scholarship of Metrobank Foundation Nanjing University
• Guanghua Scholarship Nanjing University 1997
AEA, FMA, Omega Delta Epsilon
(Updated March 2016)