651-696-6866 (fax )
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN
The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are located at 62 Macalester Street.
- File the FAFSA (or Renewal FAFSA) and include Macalester’s code (002358) in the school section.
- Visit fafsa.ed.gov to file the FAFSA online.
- You may sign the FAFSA electronically if you have a PIN from the Department of Education. You may obtain a PIN at the time you complete your FAFSA.
- Parents of dependent students may also sign the FAFSA electronically. Parent must also have a PIN (different from the student PIN) to sign electronically. Parents may visit pin.ed.gov to request a PIN.
- If the FAFSA is signed electronically, results are usually delivered to Macalester within 72 hours.
- Paper FAFSAs may be ordered by calling 1-800-433-3243 or from the Department of Education web site.
- Please do not send a paper copy of your completed FAFSA to the Financial Aid Office. We must receive results from the FAFSA processor.
If you are selected for verification, have a change in family financial circumstances, or will have a sibling enrolled as an undergraduate during the upcoming academic year, you will need to complete additional steps.
Students who have never before applied for financial aid at Macalester must also complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE and, if applicable, a noncustodial parent PROFILE.
Responses to financial aid applications will be mailed to your home address. We will begin mailing aid awards to returning students in June.