A unique feature of Macalester College, the Institute for Global Citizenship (IGC) houses diverse programs that connect rigorous academics with hands-on experience and exploration outside the classroom. From the annual International Roundtable to internships, study away, and civic engagement, our programs unite students, faculty, and community partners toward the common purpose of advancing scholarship, reflection, and ethical action.
Civic Learning News
Adventures in Interning
- Apr 24 Environmental Impact: Tar Sands and Keystone XL
- Apr 28 Off-Campus Study Forms deadline for Fall '14 students
- Apr 29 Returnee Luncheon Series: Articulating Your Study Abroad Experience
- May 1 IES Scholarship Application Deadline
- May 15 SIT Scholarships Application Deadline
Internships completed for academic credit in 2012-2013.
Community-based learning courses that integrate local projects.
Students studying away in 2013-2014.
Countries where Macalester students have studied away in 2013-2014.