Old Main, Room 210
Visiting Instructor English
Fiction writing; journalism; crime fiction; poetry.
Matt Burgess was born in Jackson Heights, Queens. His first novel, Dogfight, A Love Story, was a Barnes and Noble Discover Great New Writers pick, an Indie Next selection, a New York Times Book Review Editors' Choice, one of Publishers' Weekly's top ten debuts of the season, and a finalist for a Minnesota Book Award. He received a BA in English Literature at Dartmouth College and an MFA in Fiction Writing at the University of Minnesota. His second novel, Uncle Janice, is forthcoming from Doubleday.
Areas of Study
- Fiction Writing
- Genre Fiction
- Comics and Graphic Storytelling
- Introduction to Creative Writing (150-03 and 150-04), Fall
- Topics: Crime, Horror, and Science Fiction (394-02), Fall
- Introduction to Creative Writing (150-06), Spring
- Topics: Comics and Graphic Storytelling (394-01), Spring