Carnegie Hall, Room 203
Macalester is a great place to study political science.
With a strong faculty offering compelling courses, challenging academic paths that take you from theory to civic engagement, and with opportunities for study abroad that lead to top-flight honors theses and capstone projects, students leave our strong diverse community to go on to challenging and meaningful careers around the globe…all in the service of one goal: building a better world.
Political Science fosters intellectual excellence and community engagement in preparation for imaginative leadership in a complex world.
Good things that could happen if you major in Political Science at Macalester
- Building on a sophomore internship, you join the Chuck Green Civic Engagement Fellowship during your junior year and join forces with a host company of your special interests.
- After taking two classes in political theory, your senior year you work as a preceptor, teaching younger students at Macalester.
- You specialize in international politics and win a Best Delegation award at Model U.N
- After studying abroad in a country of your choice, you can write a senior capstone project, present it at the Midwest Political Science Association (MPSA) in Chicago, and publish your work in a journal, and win a Fulbright to conduct further research in a country after graduation.
Join us on Facebook to receive the latest news about our department.
Recent Topics Courses
- Gender and Global Politics
- Humanitarianism in World Politics
- Politics of Urban Education
- Presidential Campaigns and Elections
- Transitional Justice