Have a Specific Question About...
- Books/media: When possible, please place orders via OASIS, our online book ordering system. If you need training or support, please contact Katy Gabrio or your Library Liaison.
- Serials: Katy Gabrio
- Contact Beth Hillemann
- Contact Connie Karlen
Academic Technology Services?
- Contact Ted Wilder
Open Access and Scholarly Publishing?
- Contact Terri Fishel
Resources for Courses
Academic Information Associates - instructional technology assistance within your discipline
Information on copyright policies and procedures
- Information Fluency & Library Instruction
Our program for instruction; working with you, your library liaison will tailor a class session for your students on using library materials specific to your assignment needs
- Interlibrary Loan
Set up and use an ILLIAD account to request materials from other libraries
- Library Liaisons
Personal assistance for collection development, instruction, or questions about library services
- Macalester WorldCat Discovery
Our service for locating materials in our collection, and libraries around the country and globe
Use the journals search for ease in locating which journals we own
Web-based program for producing bibliographies and managing citations for students and faculty
For information on placing materials on reserve
- Teaching with Technology brochure in PDF
Additional Campus Networked Resources
The campus portal; using 1600grand on the library tab you have access to a personalized book order form that automatically enters your name and department into the purchase request
- Campus Events Calendar
Location for finding dates for faculty meetings, events on campus, important dates, religious holidays
- Center for Scholarship and Teaching
- CONTENTdm - collection of images available for classroom use
- Digital Commons
Our repository for student honors projects, faculty articles, journals produced by students and faculty
- Google Apps - our program for email, calendars, shared documents
Our campus learning management system.
- Create Off-campus Friendly Links
- Selected Works
Faculty research pages (guide to getting started)