Ruth Stricker Dayton Campus Center, Lower Level
Student Post Office (SPO)
Mailing Services provides SPO boxes to all students to receive mail and packages. SPO box numbers are assigned at the start of the fall semester. Students may ship their items to Macalester, even if they do not know their SPO box number. Once on campus, students will need a slip from your SPO to claim packages. For SPO information, go to 1600grand.
Mailing Services and SPO boxes are located in the Campus Center, Lower Level. We offer most services available at a conventional Post Office, including selling stamps, sending mail, shipping packages, both domestic and international.
Macalester Shipping and Mailing Address
SPO numbers are NOT required for mailing and shipping.
First Name Last Name
1600 Grand Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55105
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I send packages through Airborne, UPS, FexEx or other service through you?
- What about packages that are being shipped through UPS or FedEx to the college?
- What happens to my mail when I go on an Off Campus Program (OCP), on a Leave of Absence (LOA), or Withdrawn(WD)?
- What kind of Postal Services can I get at the Mailing Services office?
- How do I address an envelope to my son/daughter who attends the college?
- How do I address an envelope to a faculty or staff member at the college?
Postal Services & Package Pick-up
Fall and Spring Semester Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 AM to 5 PM
Saturday: 11 AM to 2 PM
Fall Break Hours
Thur, October 23: 8 am–4:30 pm
Fri, October 24: 8 am–4:30 pm
Sat, October 25: Closed
Sun, October 26: Closed
No postage sales after 4:30 p.m. please plan accordingly.
As a USPS Contract Postal Unit we do not accept credit cards, cash or AuxPoints sales only.
Inquires & Comments?
Complete the Mailing Services Inquiry form