Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
DML Mission Statement
The mission of the Department of Multicultural Life (DML) is to provide transformative leadership in creating a Macalester community that is equitable, inclusive, and socially just for everyone.
- Foster and promote a welcoming and pluralistic environment that is inclusive of the entire college community.
- Identify, assess, and promote social justice for the campus community.
- Integrate and affirm the peoples, discourses, thoughts, and experiences of marginalized people into the fabric of the Macalester community.
- Create partnerships with academic and administrative departments to infuse anti-oppression education throughout all aspects of campus life.
Our annual end of the year event celebrates and recognizes students, staff, and faculty for their contributions to multicultural education on campus throughout the year.
This reception, co-sponsored by the DML, Campus Programs, and the Office of Student Affairs, celebrates the queer community at Macalester and is an opportunity for LGBTQ students to learn about resources and support networks on and off campus.
This annual celebration is a recognition and celebration of Macalester's LGBTQ graduating seniors. Sponsored by the DML, Campus Programs, Alumni Relations, and the Office of Student Affairs/Fund for Lavender Life.
Rites of Passage
This annual graduation ceremony recognizes and honors the contributions of Macalester's graduating students of color. Sponsored by the DML and Campus Programs.
Trending @ DML
Whether or not we understand the power of our words, we still use them. So what kind of impact do you want to make?
Explore this list of children's books with characters from diverse backgrounds.
- Mar 31 Family Matters: Coping with Challenging Families at Graduation
- Apr 2 Soup & Substance Lunch Series: "Intersectionality in Queer Communities"
- Apr 2 Queer Professionals Network Job Search Workshop
- Apr 9 Supporting Asexual Students on Campus
- Apr 21 SPEAK! Series: Embodying Transformative Justice
To receive the latest news about our programs & events.