Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
DML Mission Statement
The mission of the Department of Multicultural Life (DML) is to provide transformative leadership in creating a Macalester community that is equitable, inclusive, and socially just for everyone.
- Foster and promote a welcoming and pluralistic environment that is inclusive of the entire college community.
- Identify, assess, and promote social justice for the campus community.
- Integrate and affirm the peoples, discourses, thoughts, and experiences of marginalized people into the fabric of the Macalester community.
- Create partnerships with academic and administrative departments to infuse anti-oppression education throughout all aspects of campus life.
Our annual end of the year event celebrates and recognizes students, staff, and faculty for their contributions to multicultural education on campus throughout the year.
This reception, co-sponsored by the DML, Campus Programs, and the Office of Student Affairs, celebrates the queer community at Macalester and is an opportunity for LGBTQ students to learn about resources and support networks on and off campus.
This annual celebration is a recognition and celebration of Macalester's LGBTQ graduating seniors. Sponsored by the DML, Campus Programs, Alumni Relations, and the Office of Student Affairs/Fund for Lavender Life.
Rites of Passage
This annual graduation ceremony recognizes and honors the contributions of Macalester's graduating students of color. Sponsored by the DML and Campus Programs.
Trending @ DML
Want to be a part of a dynamic organization focused on multicultural education and positive change? Apply to work in the DML next year! Learn more and apply by February 15, 2015.
Whether or not we understand the power of our words, we still use them. So what kind of impact do you want to make?
Explore this list of children's books with characters from diverse backgrounds.
- Jan 27 In the Kitchen with the DML
- Feb 3 Soup & Substance Lunch Series - "From 'We Shall Overcome' to 'Black Lives Matter'"
- Feb 7 Dialogue Arts Project Performance
- Feb 10 In the Kitchen with BLAC!
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 More Than Words Community Conversation
To receive the latest news about our programs & events.