Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
DML Mission Statement
The mission of the Department of Multicultural Life (DML) is to provide transformative leadership in creating a Macalester community that is equitable, inclusive, and socially just for everyone.
- Foster and promote a welcoming and pluralistic environment that is inclusive of the entire college community.
- Identify, assess, and promote social justice for the campus community.
- Integrate and affirm the peoples, discourses, thoughts, and experiences of marginalized people into the fabric of the Macalester community.
- Create partnerships with academic and administrative departments to infuse anti-oppression education throughout all aspects of campus life.
Our annual end of the year event celebrates and recognizes students, staff, and faculty for their contributions to multicultural education on campus throughout the year.
This reception, co-sponsored by the DML, the Office of Student Affairs, and the Fund for Lavender Life, celebrates the queer community at Macalester and is an opportunity for LGBTQ students to learn about resources and support networks on and off campus.
This annual celebration is a recognition and celebration of Macalester's LGBTQ graduating seniors. Sponsored by the DML, Campus Programs, Alumni Relations, and the Office of Student Affairs/Fund for Lavender Life.
Rites of Passage
This annual graduation ceremony recognizes and honors the contributions of Macalester's graduating students of color. Sponsored by the DML and the Alumni Office.
Trending @ DML
Interested in joining a dynamic team of social justice educators? Join the DML Student Staff
The Department of Multicultural Life (DML) is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for student employment and volunteers for the 2016-17 academic year. Applications are due February 15.
If you are interested in joining this awesome team of people, consider applying for the following positions:
- Cultural House Manager
- DML program assistants
- DML marketing and social media assistant
- Emerging Scholars program scholar mentor
- DML Volunteer application (selected staff and volunteers can live in the C-House)
For inquiries, please contact Aida Martinez-Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether or not we understand the power of our words, we still use them. So what kind of impact do you want to make?
To receive the latest news about our programs & events.