651-696-6555 (24 hour)
651-696-6278 (business hours)
This is primarily for the Athletic Center Only:
In Case of a Chlorine Leak (alarm is sounding) There IS Immediate Danger to Your Life or Health you Should:
- Immediately evacuate the pool, storage areas and the entire Leonard Center building. Exit building to designated area. (Shaw Field)
- Chlorine gas is heavier than air and displaces oxygen do ot bend down and do not re-enter the building to assist others.
- Immediately notify Safety and Security at 651-696-6555 and the Facilities Services Office at 651-696-6278. Be prepared to give the following information: your name, building name, floor, room number, type of accident, chemical(s) involved if known
- Safety and Security will supply the proper response team.
- The building MUST be evacuated proceed to building evacuation meeting area. Account for all person/s in your area. Notify emergency personnel of missing person/s.
- Do not re-enter the building until told to do so by campus security officers.
What Will Happen Next
The proper response team/s will assist in clean up and disposal of chemicals. Medical treatment will be provided as needed for victims. Safety and Security Department will notify 911 Hazardous Response Team and Hawkins Chemical Company or Bay West for clean up and disposal of chemical/s.
KEEP YOURSELF CALM - KEEP OTHERS CALM
In an emergency, call 911 and Campus Security 651-696-6555. Give your campus location and describe the emergency situation.
Life, health or safety threat
Mac Security Office
Report a crime, suspicious activity or package, etc.
7:30 AM—4:30 PM