- As of October 10, over 99% of our students and employees are fully vaccinated. Reminders for travel and activities during the upcoming fall and Thanksgiving breaks were shared in an Oct. 12 campus message. This message included links to a CDC quarantine vs. isolation infographic and details on how those vaccinated in Minnesota can view their immunization record electronically or via an app.
- We strongly encourage those with symptoms to stay away from others and to seek testing and medical advice. Additional public health reminders were shared in a Sept. 24 campus message.
- We expect everyone to follow the Mac Stays Safer 2.0 Community Commitment, including wearing a well-fitted mask when in public indoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status. Updated guidance for gatherings, guests, events, transportation, building access, and other topics was shared in a Sept. 13 campus message.
- Vaccination status, COVID-19 case status, and summary results from return-to-campus testing are being shared on our COVID-19 dashboard.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, it is important to minimize your interactions with others. Hunker down in your room, wear a well-fitting mask if you need to leave your room, make use of grab-n-go food options, and maintain 6-feet distance where possible. Students: You can contact the Hamre Center, 651-696-6275 or email@example.com, during business hours to make an appointment. Call the Access Nurse line (651-696-6275, option 3)* for 24/7 medical advice. If you are experiencing severe symptoms and want to be seen urgently, see this list of urgent and emergency care medical resources.
Faculty and staff: The Minnesota Department of Health provides guidance for COVID testing. For more information about COVID-19 testing and related Macalester benefit programs, refer to this Employment Services COVID-19 Employee Resource Guide.
Option #1: Students can schedule COVID testing in the Hamre Center by calling the Hamre Center at 651-696-6275 during clinic hours. If you choose this option, you will be scheduled for a telehealth visit with a Macalester Nurse or Provider. They will order and schedule you to come to the Hamre Center for the test and you will be receive results through the student health portal 2-5 days after your test.
- If you are on the Macalester United Healthcare insurance, there would be no out of pocket costs to you.
- If you are on family or self-insurance, the cost will be billed to your student account and you would submit a request to your insurance company for reimbursement. The cost of this PCR test for those on private insurance is $105.
Option #2: Anyone can order a free “at home” Vault PCR test through the Minnesota Department of Health. You order the test, a test kit is mailed to the address you provide, and you follow the instructions provided to submit a sample that is delivered to the lab using a prepaid UPS envelope. It is a good idea to have Vault tests on hand in case of COVID-19 exposure or symptoms before and after travel.
Option #3: You can obtain a PCR test elsewhere, such as at a pharmacy or one of the MDH COVID-19 testing sites (e.g. MSP airport, Roy Wilkins auditorium in downtown St. Paul, etc.).
Option #4: Students can schedule a Cue test which is a molecular diagnostics test for COVID-19 and returns results in approximately 30-40 minutes. This testing will take place in the atrium of the Leonard Center (second floor, between the Fieldhouse and the gym and pool viewing area). With the Cue system, we can only test one student during each 30 minute period. You can use this link to sign up. Please make sure you show up for any appointments you book so that we can serve as many students as possible.
Learning and Building Community During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has required a re-envisioning of teaching and learning, new approaches to working, and creative solutions to help us find community when we are separated by distance. We are making this change together and we are finding strength in our community.
Responsive Teaching and Learning
- For information about working remotely, sign in to search the Help Desk’s Self Service Knowledge Base or checkout the following topics to find answers to these common questions: Zoom Meetings & Webinars, Remote Access with VPN, Return to Campus.
- Faculty can use the Serie Center’s Teaching Resources or get tech help at MacDigital.
- Students should visit the Student Affairs Resource page or sign in to search the Help Desk’s Self Service Knowledge Base.
Virtual Community and Wellness
An online hub for student engagement, community, and involvement.
Thanks to those of you who’ve asked how to support students. You can make a gift to the Macalester Fund, which provides critical flexible support that can be deployed rapidly wherever it’s needed. Gifts will help our students with unanticipated expenses and help every campus department reimagine remote student support and programming.
Reviewed: October 20, 2021