- Two rounds of return-to-campus COVID-19 testing were conducted for students. The college does not plan to continue surveillance testing. This decision is consistent with Minnesota Department of Health guidelines about when to use asymptomatic screening at institutions of higher education. We will instead focus our efforts on targeted testing of those who develop symptoms and those identified as close contacts of a person who tests positive for COVID-19. We strongly encourage those with symptoms to stay away from others and to seek testing and medical advice. Additional public health reminders were shared in a Sept. 24 campus message.
- We expect everyone to follow the Mac Stays Safer 2.0 Community Commitment, including wearing a well-fitted mask when in public indoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status. Updated guidance for gatherings, guests, events, transportation, building access, and other topics was shared in a Sept. 13 campus message.
- Vaccination status, COVID-19 case status, and summary results from return-to-campus testing are being shared on our COVID-19 dashboard.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, it is important to minimize your interactions with others. Hunker down in your room, wear a well-fitting mask if you need to leave your room, make use of grab-n-go food options, and maintain 6-feet distance where possible. Students: You can contact the Hamre Center, 651-696-6275 or email@example.com, during business hours to make an appointment. Call the Access Nurse line (651-696-6275, option 3)* for 24/7 medical advice. If you are experiencing severe symptoms and want to be seen urgently, see this list of urgent and emergency care medical resources.
Faculty and staff: The Minnesota Department of Health provides guidance for COVID testing. For more information about COVID-19 testing and related Macalester benefit programs, refer to this Employment Services COVID-19 Employee Resource Guide.
Learning and Building Community During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has required a re-envisioning of teaching and learning, new approaches to working, and creative solutions to help us find community when we are separated by distance. We are making this change together and we are finding strength in our community.
Responsive Teaching and Learning
- For information about working remotely, sign in to search the Help Desk’s Self Service Knowledge Base or checkout the following topics to find answers to these common questions: Zoom Meetings & Webinars, Remote Access with VPN, Return to Campus.
- Faculty can use the Serie Center’s Teaching Resources or get tech help at MacDigital.
- Students should visit the Student Affairs Resource page or sign in to search the Help Desk’s Self Service Knowledge Base.
Virtual Community and Wellness
An online hub for student engagement, community, and involvement.
Thanks to those of you who’ve asked how to support students. You can make a gift to the Macalester Fund, which provides critical flexible support that can be deployed rapidly wherever it’s needed. Gifts will help our students with unanticipated expenses and help every campus department reimagine remote student support and programming.
Reviewed: September 24, 2021