Faculty and staff: Refer to this Employment Services resource guide for employees.
If you are a student, staff, faculty member, or contract employee who has been tested at a location other than the Hamre Center and received a positive COVID-19 result, please contact either Paul Overvoorde, Director of COVID Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Denise Ward, Macalester Contact Tracing Manager (email@example.com).
Learning and Building Community During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has required a re-envisioning of teaching and learning, new approaches to working, and creative solutions to help us find community when we are separated by distance. We are making this change together and we are finding strength in our community.
- Based on the results of our asymptomatic COVID-19 testing, the current COVID-19 cases in the Macalester community and COVID-19 cases in St Paul, we have cautiously relaxed some of our “quiet period” restraints beginning on September 17. However, this does not mean we can stray from our Mac Stays Safer community commitment. We must all continue to stay vigilant and recognize that we’re working together as a community to protect each other’s health. If you can effectively do something remotely — work, meet, study, work out — you should continue to do it remotely just as you’ve done during the initial weeks of the academic year.
- The Governor’s Stay Safe MN order remains in effect and allows Minnesotans to gather outdoors with friends and family in groups of 25 or less, and indoors in groups of 10 or less with safe social distancing practices in place.
- Macalester’s Mac Stays Safer community commitment and face covering policy requires everyone on the Macalester campus wear a face covering when indoors, and outdoors when six-foot physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Thanks to those of you who’ve asked how to support students. You can make a gift to the Macalester Fund, which provides critical flexible support that can be deployed rapidly wherever it’s needed. Gifts will help our students with unanticipated expenses and help every campus department reimagine remote student support and programming.
- For students or parents of current students: Have a question that isn’t answered in our FAQ or on this site? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For alumni: Have a question that isn’t answered in our FAQ or on this site? Please email us at email@example.com
Reviewed: October 21, 2020