- Macalester to rename Alumni House to honor Mary Kay Briggs
- Founders Day 2016
- Macalester is a top producer of U.S. Fulbright Students and Scholars
- Macalester’s DeWitt Wallace Library receives the Excellence in Academic Library Award for 2016
- Facilities Upgrades Taking Shape on Campus
- Three Macalester students receive new Joan Adams Mondale Endowed Scholarship
Why This Matters
Each class of Macalester students comes from an extraordinary range of places and perspectives--and their journey isn’t over once they arrive on campus. From their first semester onward, they jump into life at Mac and become active, engaged, intellectually curious members of our community. They put their education into action: by doing research, seeking out internships, and making lifelong connections with their classmates. They learn from their professors, and they learn from each other.
Those lessons don’t expire when they get their diplomas. A Macalester education gives our talented students a toolkit to go out into the world and strengthen the community around them, from their local neighborhoods to the global stage. Each gift to the college supports every piece of that education, from student-faculty research collaborations to study abroad semesters to the scholarships that ensure access for deserving students.