About Mac Social
What is Mac Social?
Mac Social is an aggregator of social content—a social “hub” that brings together content posted on social media networks about things happening at Macalester or about members of the Macalester community. Mac Social provides a glimpse of what is happening right now, in the words and photos of Macalester students, prospective students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends.
Mac Social is managed by Macalester Communications and Public Relations.
What content is included? How can I participate?
Use #heymac in your posts.
The best way to participate is to use the #heymac hashtag when you post on Instagram and Twitter. When you tag your content with #heymac you are telling us, “Yes! Put this on Mac Social!”
On Twitter, you may also mention @macalester in your tweet or use the hashtag #macalester. We review these tags and mentions and we will push content out to Mac Social.
Mac Social also includes content posted on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook by the official Macalester College accounts.
Our intent with Mac Social is to be broadly inclusive. We do reserve the right to reject items that are not consistent with Macalester’s community standards.
- Be respectful. We will not post items on Mac Social that are defamatory, obscene, or contain personal attacks or any form of harassment.
- Be relevant. Mac Social is a forum for highlighting things that are happening at Mac and in the broader Macalester alumni community around the world.
- Participate; don’t dominate. We may limit posts from a single individual or account in order to make room for a broad mix of community activity.
- Have fun. Share your Macalester experiences and memories. Show what is unique about the Macalester community. Together, we tell an amazing story.
Mac Social privacy
- We cannot display content from private Twitter or Instagram accounts, even if the content is tagged #heymac.
- If you would like a post removed, please contact Rachel Peterson in Communications and Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each Mac Social post will include your username, your Twitter/Instagram handle, and will be linked to the original post.
Read the full privacy statement