Robbery on Grand Avenue
The Department of Public Safety would like to inform you of an incident that has recently occurred in the campus area. In order to provide the campus community necessary information to take appropriate precautions, the Department of Public Safety is issuing this Campus Safety Alert in accordance with the Timely Warning Notification process under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act.
The Public Safety Department was notified on March 21, 2022, by St. Paul Public Schools that a Ramsey middle school parent was robbed at knifepoint on Grand Avenue between Cambridge Street and Snelling Avenue last evening.
The suspect was described as a white male, mid 30’s, balding, wearing a blue jean jacket, and carrying a backpack.
Macalester College believes that descriptors alone are not a valid reason to profile or cast suspicion on any individual. They are included here because they may reasonably assist in identifying the perpetrator of this incident.
If you have any information regarding these crimes you are urged to contact:
Public Safety at (651-696-6555) and the police (911).
Report crime confidentially or anonymously
Crime Prevention Suggestions:
- Call Public Safety to escort you to your destination.
- Report crimes immediately to Public Safety and the St. Paul Police Department.
- Do not wear earphones when walking or running alone outside, especially if it is dark. This potentially cuts off audible signals of threats to your safety.
- Walk in groups – there is safety in numbers.
- Don’t take unnecessary risks. Stay in populated, well-lit areas.
- Remember suspect information, including direction of travel, vehicle information, approximate age, height, weight and details on hair, clothing, jewelry, scars, tattoos – anything noticeable.
- If you see something, say something.