651-696-6555 (24 hour)
651-696-6278 (business hours)
- Use safe, direct, and well-lit routes
- Stay alert to your surroundings—don’t “tune out” by using your phone, iPod or other electronic devices
- When walking, look confident and purposeful
- Walk with a friend if possible—particularly at night
- Carry your keys and money in a pocket, not in a purse or backpack
- If you are being followed, go to where there are people and call 911
- Never leave items unattended. Laptop computers and backpacks are easy targets for campus thieves. Stolen items are rarely returned, and most thieves are not arrested
- Record your valuable property information
- Contact your Resident Assistant or the Safety and Security Office for a engraver. Permanent markers are available at local stores
- Keep doors and windows locked. Do not ever prop open exterior doors— doing so compromises the safety of everyone in your building
- Don’t leave valuables in your car. If you must, put them in your trunk before you arrive at your destination
- Mark your valuables, stereo, computer, bicycle, book bag, CD's with an engraver or permanent marker. Use your drivers license or state ID number, DO NOT use your Social Security card because it can not be easily traced by local authorities
- Make a photo copy of the first two pages of your passport, credit cards and other important papers in your wallet, make a list of the model and serial numbers of your property, this will assist you in the event these items are lost
- If your state ID, drivers license or insurance card has your social security number on the ID, ask the controlling authority if the number can be changed. Do not carry your social security card with you store it in a safe place, and memorize your number
- Prevent identity theft. Shred documents that contain personal identifying features such as bank accounts or social security numbers
In an Emergency
- Dial 911 to report an emergency on campus.
- Take action immediately if there are fire alarms, warning sirens, or any other alert to evacuate or seek shelter.
- Help others, especially those who may need physical assistance.
Life, health or safety threat: 911
Safety and Security Office
Emergency or to Report a Crime: 651-696-6555
Office : 651-696-6278
Office location: Music Building M002
Business hours: 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Security and SAFEwalk available 24/7
SAFEWalk Service: 651-696-6699
In Case of Emergency (ICE) your mobile phone
Emergency contact information for your mobile phone
If you are injured or unconscious, ensure emergency personnel can contact your family members by entering a new contact titled ICE and the phone number of a person you would like to be contacted. If you would like to store multiple emergency contacts, label them ICE-1, ICE-2, and so on.