Olin/Rice Halls of Science, Room 249
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
ENVI 394 - Climate Talks
Why study Environmental Studies?
Environmental Studies is an interdisciplinary department that offers students the opportunity to develop a holistic understanding of environmental issues.
Relying heavily on case studies, problem-solving strategies, and community involvement, the curriculum addresses environmental issues at local, national, and global levels.
The program emphasizes perspectives from the natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities. It encourages depth of disciplinary knowledge, breadth of cross-disciplinary perspectives, and integration through core courses and a required off-campus internship.
- Prof. Louisa Bradtmiller Receives Tenure
- Prof. Dan Hornbach Selected as 2013 Janet Anderson Lecture Award Winner
- Prof. Roopali Phadke Wins the Jack and Marty Rossmann Excellence in Teaching Award
- Prof. Chris Wells Publishes Car Country: An Environmental History
- Christie Manning Receives 2011 Macalester Sustainability Award for Curricular Innovation