Macalester's location in a residential neighborhood—minutes from downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis—offers students a wealth of opportunities.
- Home to 3.5 million people
- 16th largest metro area in the United States—smaller than New York, larger than St. Louis or Denver.
- Best place for young job seekers in the country (Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce)
- More than 90 percent of our students participate in some form of community-based work before they graduate.
- More than 60 courses partner with businesses and organizations in the Twin Cities community as part of the curriculum.
Extra, Extra Curricular Activities
- Want to catch a show? Only New York City has more theater seats per capita than the Twin Cities.
- There are 16 museums, all within access by bus.
- Home to the Twins, Vikings, Timberwolves, Wild, and Lynx
- Named "America's best bike city" by Bicycling magazine. Two Nice-Rice bike stations are located by campus. You can also check out a bicycle at our library.
- Our bus system is one of the country's largest transit systems. A bus-stop is conveniently located right on campus.
- An international airport is only 20 minutes away from Macalester.
Courses that integrate civic engagement in the Twin Cities into the curriculum.
82,863 hours volunteered in St. Paul and Minneapolis by our students.
Fortune 500 companies in Minnesota—a great opportunity for internships.
Coffee shops surround campus, each independently owned.