Macalester Loans are loans offered directly from the College. Eligibility and amounts are determined by Macalester. Further information about Macalester Loans:
- No credit check required.
- No payments are required while half-time enrollment is maintained.
- Payments begin six months following graduation or withdrawal from Macalester.
- No interest accrues while you are enrolled.
- Interest rate during repayment is fixed at 6%.
- Standard repayment period is ten years.
- Macalester Loan promissory notes will be signed in person during the early part of fall semester.
More details are available on the Macalester Loan Disclosure Form.
Steps to securing your Macalester Loan
- Accept all or part of your Macalester Loan on 1600grand.macalester.edu (under the Money Matters tab).
- Complete the Macalester Loan Application.
- Attend an Entrance Interview and Macalester Loan Promissory Note Signing Session.