Harmon Room Reservation Policy
The library staff want the library space to be seen as a welcoming and inviting and open place for all members of our community. However, we also have to be mindful of the needs of the students who use the facility for the primary purposes of supporting their coursework, research needs, and social activity. In order to address sometimes conflicting needs for the use of our building, we have updated our Harmon Room reservation policy to balance those needs in the best possible manner.
Parameters for Harmon Room reservations:
- All events must be college-related or hosted.
- Maximum room capacity is 57, including speaker. Minimum number of expected attendees for events in this room is 15.
- We are able to book the space for one event per day, 7 days a week.
- We will consider a second event if:
- it can use the exact same configuration as the initial event.
- the total number of hours booked per day does not exceed 4 hours total.
- event hosts of the second booking agree to “leave no trace,” by straightening the setup and removing all leftover food and other items left by attendees at the end of the reservation.
- Exceptions will be extremely limited and made on a case-by-case basis.
- Scheduled Library sponsored events will take precedence over other campus events.
- Harmon Room reservation requests may be submitted via our Library Room Reservation Form.
- Reservations will be confirmed via the campus EMS reservation system as soon as possible, usually within 24-48 hours.
- The library office must receive reservation requests and setup information at least 14 days in advance of the event. Requests for events with fewer than 14 days notice that do not include food or setup will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
Equipment and Supplies:
- The Harmon Room has built-in projection capabilities including a ceiling-mounted presentation screen, data projector, and speakers. In addition, a wall-mounted large screen HD television is available.
- Requests for equipment support beyond what is installed and routinely available in the Harmon Room (see bullet above) should be directed to Campus and Academic Media Service reservations.
- The Harmon Room contains a mobile white board. Please feel free to use it. Dry erase marker kits are available for checkout at the service desk. We are not able to provide easels, easel pads, pens and pencils, name tags, or other presentation aids. Please plan to bring your own supplies.
- No technology support staff are assigned to the room during events. Service desk staff can make themselves available to help with equipment as needed during your event.
- Any scheduled Harmon Room event that is not a private or closed event must be publicized on the campus events calendar by its sponsor.