We boldly champion curiosity and learning: about one’s self, each other, and everything around us.
Through the lens of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility, we:
- Cultivate sustainable and user-centered collections, services, & spaces.
- Seek outreach opportunities & promote active collaboration throughout our community to expand and extend our impact.
- Foster multidirectional learning and ways of knowing, elevating the mutual exchange of experiences, ideas, and knowledge.
- Enhance communication to highlight our existing expertise as well as expand and extend our impact on campus.
- Nurture and develop library employees through professional development, building camaraderie, and valuing wellbeing.
To advance Macalester’s Mission:
We at Macalester’s DeWitt Wallace Library create an ecosystem of knowledge, ideas, experiences, and expertise that immerses our community in opportunities for inquiry, discovery, delight, and innovation.