College Archives at Macalester
The Macalester College Archives collects, preserves, and makes available for research materials that document the origins, developments, activities, achievements, and people of the College. The Archives contain many collections, including documents, correspondence, photos, newspaper clippings, media, buttons, posters, and more!
Featured Digital Collections:
- Archival Photos: Historical photos of the college and its community members
- History of Multiculturalism at Macalester: The EEO program
- Historical College Catalogs: Annual college catalogs from 1885-1923
- Honors Projects: Scholarly and creative works of senior Macalester students. If you have questions about honors projects, contact us.
- Oral Histories: Oral history interviews conducted with Macalester emeritus and newly-tenured faculty, long-time staff, former administrators and trustees, and alumni
- Macalester: Place and Community in a COVID Landscape: Preserving stories and images of how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the Macalester community.
- Student and College Newspapers: Issues of The Mac Weekly, Macalester Echo, and Macalester Bulletin dating back to 1886
- And don’t forget to connect with us on Instagram!
Donate to the Archives
The Macalester community is encouraged to donate their items to the Archives! This could include (but is not limited to):
- Student organization materials (notes, meeting minutes, drafts, correspondence, etc.)
- Student publications, zines
- Event posters, flyers, planning materials
- Activism and protest materials
- Materials from student bands
- Photos and videos with people identified
- Journals and scrapbooks from your time at Macalester
Contact us about potential donations.
Visit the Archives
- Schedule an appointment to visit and view materials.
- Bring your class to learn about archives or work with archival collections.
Contact College Archives
Archivist & Special Collections Librarian