Media and Cultural Studies faculty include media and film studies professors assigned to the department as well as professors in disciplines in the divisions of Humanities and Social Sciences and other interdisciplinary departments who teach cultural studies, film studies, humanities, and media studies. Faculty are engaged in active research programs that may offer opportunities for student assistance or collaboration.
- Zeynep D. Gürsel
- Associate Professor of International Studies, Affiliated faculty of Anthropology & Media and Cultural Studies
- Global media, visual anthropology, ethnographic and documentary film, cultures of knowledge production especially news and journalism, photography, anthropology of the imagination, politics in everyday life, cultures of work.
- David Chioni Moore
- Associate Professor, International Studies and English
- Literary interactions in the Black Atlantic world, notably Africa, the Caribbean, and African America; post-colonial and/as the post-Soviet; comparative literature; cultural theory; globalization.
- Sonita Sarker
- Professor Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and English
- Feminist and literary theories; cultural studies of globalization as it intersects with nationalism, democracy, and imperialism; "minoritized" literatures, with a transnational comparative basis in Western Europe and Asia.
- Joëlle Vitiello
- Professor, French and Francophone Studies
- Focuses on 20th-21st-century French and francophone literature and culture; Haitian literature and culture; French and Francophone Cinema; Postcolonial identities; Immigration; Violence in France and the francophone world.