Full Time Faculty
Associate Professor and Chair of Russian Studies
- Specializes in nineteenth- and twentieth-century Russian literature and culture
James Von Geldern
Russian and International Studies
- Russian and Soviet popular culture and cultural history; comparative studies in revolutions and commemoration; international law and legal frameworks; cultural studies.
Associate Professor of Political Science
- Comparative politics, Latin American politics, urban social movements
Gary J. Krueger
Cargill Professor of International Economics
- Comparative Economics, Transition Economics, Industrial Organization and Applied Econometrics
Professor of International Studies & Chair
- International human rights; ethnicity, nationalism, and civic belonging; Central and Eastern Europe, Czech and Slovak studies; transitional justice.