- Pitts Scholarship for Study Abroad
- In honor of Jack C. and Dorothy D. Pitts, Janet Pitts Beckman, in collaboration with Macalester, has established the Jack C. and Dorothy D. Pitts Endowment for Study Abroad to support qualified Macalester students. This scholarship is intended to support undergraduate study in the social sciences and humanities abroad. Award amounts range and are administered through the International Center.
- Critical Languages Scholarships
The U.S. State Department sponsors intensive overseas study in critical foreign languages, including Russian. Scholarship recipients receive funding to participate in beginning, intermediate and advanced level summer language programs at American Overseas Research Centers and affiliated partners
- Boren Scholarships
Boren Scholarships provide up to $20,000 to U.S. undergraduate students to study abroad in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- The Fulbright Program
There are many opportunities in Russia through the Fulbright Program annually. For more information, follow the link on the Fulbright Program website for “English Teaching Assistants.”
- Public Policy and International Affairs Fellowship Program
Undergraduate students from universities across the country participate in a seven-week Junior Summer Institute (JSI) intensive before their senior year.
- Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship
Mentoring, professional development and full financial support for future Foreign Service Officers.
- The Language Flagship
Fellowships provide full financial support to students that wish to participate in a Flagship Program in a critical language, which includes Russian. Students must graduate prior to beginning the fellowship.
- Kathryn Davis Fellowships for Peace
Middlebury College is pleased to announce The Kathryn Davis Fellowships for Peace: Investing in the Study of Critical Languages. These 100 fellowships are made possible by a generous gift from Kathryn Davis, to address today’s critical need for increased language proficiency in the United States.
- Macalester’s Russian, Central European, and East European Essay Competition
Students compete for two prizes, Best Essay and Best Thesis, awarded at the annual conference in May
- ACTR National Post-Secondary Russian Essay Contest – Compete against students from over 50 colleges and universities. The contest deadline is typically at the end of January, and is announced in the winter issue of the ACTR Letter
- American Councils Programs Financial Aid
For several advanced, language, area or business studies as well as heritage speakers programs.
- CIEE PING Scholarships
Pioneer grants for inaugural sessions at the new CIEE center in Moscow.
- Vestnik Jury Award
The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies showcases student research.
- Melikian Scholarships for Study
Domestic and abroad programs to study Russian through Arizona State University.