For the 2021-22 academic year, each student is required to provide documentation of vaccination for COVID-19 or file a medical or non-medical waiver by August 2, 2021.
There are three ways to meet the COVID-19 vaccine requirement. Either,
- Upload documentation (e.g.. photo, scan) of a completed COVID-19 vaccine regime using the Hamre Center’s student health portal; or
- Provide a completed medical/non-medical exemption form to the Hamre Center; or
- Schedule an appointment using the Hamre Center’s student health portal to initiate a COVID-19 vaccine regimen within 4 days of arriving in St. Paul for the fall semester.
If you encounter issues with the health portal or have medical questions related to COVID-19 vaccination, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The college will accept documentation of vaccines that have received emergency use authorization (EUA status) by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or placed on the Emergency Use Listing (EUL) by the World Health Organization (WHO). As of July 2, 2021 the FDA has listed for authorized use the following COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use:
- Johnson & Johnson (Jannsen)
As of July 2, 2021, WHO has listed the following COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use:
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines (e.g., COMIRNATY, Tozinameran)
- AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID-19 vaccines (e.g., Covishield, Vaxzevria)
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine
- Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine
- Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine
This list is taken from the CDC website and will be updated as additional COVID-19 vaccines receive an emergency use listing from WHO.