- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the US-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
Book of Night Women Download .MP3
"We tend to demonize humans but don't humanize demons," says Marlon James about his characters in the novel The Book of Night Women, which has received rave reviews. The novel takes place in 18th century Jamaica and follows a group of seven women living as slaves on a plantation. In this episode, he talks about his inspiration for the novel and how to write about atrocities such as slavery.