In Mac athletics, the highlight reel includes accolades both in competition and in the classroom. This year, twelve athletic teams were recognized for their academic achievements, through both team and individual honors.
- Basketball (M&W):
Men: Recognized for a team grade point average of 3.0 or higher
Women: Ranked second in Division III, registering a GPA of 3.76
- Soccer (M&W):
Men: Earned the highest team grade point average among all men’s college soccer teams with a cumulative GPA of 3.75
Women: Earned a 3.73 team grade point average, ranking them 11th in Division III and 18th in the nation
- Softball: Earned for a second year in a row the highest team grade point average among all NCAA softball programs across all divisions with a team GPA of 3.85
- Swimming and Diving (M&W):
Men: 3.73 team GPA, which tied them for fifth among NCAA Division III
Women: 3.76 team GPA, which tied them for fourth in Division III
Both teams also recorded the highest team GPAs among MIAC members.
- Track & Field: (M&W):
Men: Cumulative team grade point average of 3.62
Women: Cumulative team grade point average of 3.69
- Women’s Golf: Ranked second among all Division III women’s golf programs, registering a 3.82 collective team GPA
- Volleyball: Earned for the twelfth year in a row the Team Academic Award for a team GPA of at least 3.3
- Water Polo: Posted the eighth-highest team grade-point average (3.67) among all women’s collegiate water polo teams
Visit the athletics website for more detailed information.
August 8 2022Back to top