Our new transcript vendor is now Parchment!
With your first visit, you will need to create an account by selecting the New Learner Account option. Once you have created an account, you will return and log in to your Existing User Account to make additional transcript requests or to check the status of an order.
Requesting a Transcript
Official Transcripts–securely delivered PDF or paper copies are available for $5 per transcript. The processing time is normally one business day. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, our processing times may be delayed.
Pay by credit card: (there is an additional processing fee for credit card orders):
If you have access to 1600grand, navigate to the Order Transcript box within the Student page. If you no longer have access to 1600grand, please go to macalester.edu/transcript.
Pay with cash or check*:
Put your request in writing. We must have your signature to authorize release of your record. Send us a letter or fill out this form. The letter must include:
- Full name and former names.
- When you attended Mac.
- Where you want us to mail the transcript, including the address. We’ll send it wherever you request, including directly to you. (If we send it to you, it will be an official copy in a sealed envelope, but the transcript will be stamped “released directly to student.”)
- Watch your penmanship, or you may slow us down.
- Mail your letter to:
1600 Grand Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55105-1899
- Or, during office hours, you can visit us to fill out a transcript request form.
* A non-refundable service charge of $20 will be assessed for NSF/returned checks.
Note: If you have a past debt to Macalester, we may not be able to process your request.
Questions? Contact us via email: email@example.com.