Requesting a Transcript
Official Transcripts–securely delivered PDF or paper copies are available for $5 per transcript. The processing time is normally one business day.
Pay by credit card: (there is an additional processing fee for credit card orders):
If you have access to 1600grand, navigate to the Order Transcript box within the Student page. If you no longer have access to 1600grand, please go to macalester.edu/transcript.
Pay with cash or check*:
Submit your request in writing. We must have your signature to authorize the release of your record. Send us a letter or fill out this form. The letter must include:
- Full name and any former names while in attendance at Macalester
- Legal documentation will be required for any name change
- Date(s) of attendance or graduation from Macalester
- Address where to send the transcript. We will send it as requested, including directly to you. (A transcript released directly to you will be an official copy in a sealed envelope, stamped “released directly to student.” Once you open this transcript is it no longer considered official for many purposes.)
- Watch your penmanship, or you may slow us down.
Mail your letter to:
1600 Grand Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55105-1899
During office hours, you can visit us to fill out a transcript request form in person.
* A non-refundable service charge of $20 will be assessed for NSF/returned checks.
Note: If you have a past debt to Macalester, we may not be able to process your request. Contact Student Accounts with any questions.
Questions? Contact us via email: [email protected].