The Student Employment Advisory Committee acts as a liaison to the Office of Student Employment and works to foster a program that effectively serves student employees, supervisors, and the College. SEAC addresses the concerns of faculty, staff and students with regard to student employment and of those who supervise student employees. The committee also serves the Student Employment Office in an advisory capacity in determining the current and future direction of student employment at Macalester College.
SEAC meets monthly and is comprised of campus-wide representatives. Members agree to serve a consecutive three-year term. It is each representative’s responsibility to maintain contact with the sector he/she/they represent. Any issues or concerns should be brought to the committee’s attention through the sector representative.
2019-2020 SEAC Representatives
- Janessa Cervantes, International Studies (1st year) – small
- Jacob Dorer, Information Technology Services (3rd year) – large
- Derek Johnson, Civic Engagement Center (1st year) – large
- Laura Kigin, Geography (2nd year) – medium
- Pam Latterel, Athletics (1st year) – large
- Pattie Lydon, Center for Religious & Spiritual Life (2nd year) – small
- Lisa Ray, Career Exploration (3rd year) – medium
- Kerri Roesner, Career Exploration (2nd year) – small
- Catherine Westby, Briggs House (1st year) – medium
- Kai Perket, Student Representative
- Alyssa Rauschenberger, Student Representative
- Jaelynn Blenkush, Employment Services, ex-officio
- Bob Graf, Employment Services, Advisory Member
- Jenae Schmidt, Financial Aid, Advisory Member
2018 Student Employment Survey Results
In Spring 2018, SEAC and Student Employment conducted a campus wide survey focusing on the experiences of student employees. In total, 551 students (39% response rate) from 75 campus departments responded. Results were shared publicly with student employment supervisors at the May 2018 Chautauqua event, and an Executive Summary of SE Survey Findings (pdf) has been made available to the campus.