The Student Employment Advisory Committee acts as a liaison to the Office of Student Employment and works to foster a program that effectively serves student employees, supervisors, and the College. SEAC addresses the concerns of faculty, staff and students with regard to student employment and of those who supervise student employees. The committee also serves the Student Employment Office in an advisory capacity in determining the current and future direction of student employment at Macalester College.
SEAC meets monthly and is comprised of campus-wide representatives. Members agree to serve a consecutive three-year term. It is each representative’s responsibility to maintain contact with the sector he/she/they represent. Any issues or concerns should be brought to the committee’s attention through the sector representative.
2018-2019 SEAC Representatives
- Jacki Betsworth, Library (3rd year) – large
- Aaron Colhapp, International Student Programs (3rd year) – medium
- Jacob Dorer, Information Technology Services (2nd year) – large
- Adam Johnson, Institutional Research (3rd year) – small
- Laura Kigin, Geography (1st year) – medium
- Pattie Lydon, Center for Religious & Spiritual Life (1st year) – small
- Kurt Miller, Sustainability (1st year) – medium
- Lisa Ray, Career Development Center (2nd year) – medium
- Kerri Roesner (1st year) – small
- Benjamin LeBlanc, Student Representative
- Nachelle Kaughman, Employment Sevices, ex-officio
- Bob Graf, Employment Services, Advisory Member
- Jenae Schmidt, Financial Aid, Advisory Member