The Office of Student Affairs is responsible for overseeing many of the critical services that support students to get the most out of their time at Macalester. Members of our staff are a good source of information about college resources and policies.
Office of Student Affairs Provides
- resources for academic, social, and personal advising
- information about college procedures and policies
- information about student conduct procedures
- support for students with concerns or in crisis
- assistance with conflict resolution
- coordination of family fest weekend and commencement activities
- takes reports of incidents of bias, harassment, and sexual assault
- advising for the Macalester College Student Government and parent council
- accommodations for students with disabilities or short-term injuries
- notification to faculty for students with emergency situations
- emergency loan services
- information and assistance for students living off-campus
The Vice President for Student Affairs oversees the eight departments that comprise the Division of Student Affairs. Members of the Division of Student Affairs provide essential leadership for the out-of-classroom education of students that complements and supplements the academic mission of the college.