Preceptorship registration is now managed remotely. Students and faculty sponsors should complete the information on the Preceptorship Learning Contract following the instructions below. Approval from Academic Programs/Advising will be granted via email and then Academic Programs/Advising will coordinate registration with the Registrar’s Office during pre-registration.
Policies Pertaining to Preceptorship Course Credit
- Students must have a declared major or core in the department or program of the course that they are precepting and must be in their junior or senior year during the term they are precepting. Credit may not be earned for precepting the same course more than once. Students may earn no more than four credits for precepting a single course.
- To precept a course, a student must previously:
- have earned credit in that course with a grade of A- or higher,
- or have earned credit with a grade of A- or higher in a course having the course to be precepted as a prerequisite or in a course covering similar material at a more advanced level.
Certain departments may have additional prerequisites for registering for preceptorship credit. Students should consult the departmental sections of the current catalog for this information.
- Students on academic probation may not serve as a preceptor.
Instructions to complete the Preceptorship Learning Contract
- Make your copy of the form by clicking “make a copy”
- Complete the form and share it with your faculty sponsor for their review and signature
- Have your faculty sponsor email the final form back to you
- To submit the form, email a copy to [email protected] and cc/copy your faculty sponsor. Submissions without a cc of their faculty sponsor will not be accepted.