Communications and Media Career Community
- Develop stories in different ways – perhaps as a writer, reporter, filmmaker, podcaster, data visualization designer, or mixed media artist.
- Read and research topics and potential content looking for threads, meaning, and connections.
- Compose and create information and materials for diverse audiences tailoring tone, style, and language.
- Coordinate systems of production and establish schedules, contracts, and project teams.
- Collaborate to create effective stories with editors, proofreaders, fact checkers, designers.
- Develop subject matter depth of knowledge/expertise on particular topic/issue to compose highly technical content.
- Deliver content for particular product/service/client based on needs and specifications.
|American Public Media Group
|St. Paul, MN
|Content Production Intern
|Coffee House Press
|Marketing and Publicity Assistant
|Forest Hills Documentaries
|Waukesha County Historical Society
|William Morris Endeavor
|New York, NY
While these are local resources, use these as examples to find their equivalent in the city/region for your search.
Minnesota Broadcast Association – Job and internship board for broadcast tv and radio in Minnesota.